In Himalayan foothills

I’m thrilled to present this image, which is nearly 30 years old. It’s a scan from transparency film.
I still remember, when this image was published in a famous travel magazine in India, as a double page spread,

Specific Feedback Requested

Do you think it stands in comparison to modern day tech ??

Technical Details

No techs available but it was with 70-200 mm lens.

3 Likes

I really love all of the layers and the soft colors and how it shows the environment.
It is a beautiful image. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see why this got so much attention, Jagdeep! The multi-layered hills give depth and the low, sunlit fog provides a sense of the atmosphere and adds a peacefulness to the scene. I particularly enjoy the large version where you can see that the silhouetted elephant actually has some nice details that make it more real looking. Congratulations on the publishing!

1 Like

I can see why, too! What a stunner. The sense of place and the layers alone are pretty great, but the elephant! And with the trunk up! Did you have to wait long for this or were you waiting where they always pass and just picked the day where the fog appeared too? Either way it shows what it takes to get winning photos - planning and a knowledge of your subject.

1 Like

Thanks friends !
@Kris_Smith to answer your question, whenever I get the subject in frame, I prefer to spend some time with it, hoping for some additional elements, which can make some value additions… the raised trunk in this case,