In Sync

I struggled to get the colors ‘correct’ and finally realized B&W was the answer!

Technical Details

Composite: No
Canon 7DM2; 1/500 at f9.5; 400mm; ISO 500; processed in LR and PS. A snapping turtle reflection, flipped 90 degrees.

2 Likes

That is so crazy cool.

1 Like

That is deliriously exceptional!

My only “critique” is that you told me what it was.

That’s a little bit in jest, but aside from reality, it’s far more than a snapping turtle reflection. The stillness of the central object, which is an instance where the subject should be centered, contrasting with the surrounding higgly-piggly movement, is mesmerizing—what a luscious gem.

Very creative ! I couldn’t figure it out until I read your description. So simple!

Anita, I enjoy doing these, both as a double, like you’ve got here, and as a quad. It’s fun what the human mind can do with patterns. You’ve got an excellent one here (has me seeing a levitating yogi). However, the weekly challenge is an event where there’s a theme that runs from Sunday, midnight to the following, Saturday, 11:59 pm (Eastern USA time). This week’s theme is the one that shows as the first item in the gallery list, Parallel lines.

thanks – my first ‘double’ – in the original, the background lighter part went from lower left to upper right. I prefer the arc look.

yes, snappers are amazing creatures