In the dunes

![_DSC8303rotonde.j(https://images.naturephotographers.network/original/3X/7/1/71c5a97610f0272a455430d01733436d17f286a8.jpeg)

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The sun just came out
Not all the fog has cleared yet
An early morning

Specific Feedback

All comments are welcome

Technical Details

F11, iso64, 24-120 at84mm, 3 stack

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
2 Likes

I like this. There is a nice curve in the path leading you through the image, multiple nice shades of green, lots of atmosphere. The only thing that caught my eye, and it only does so a tiny bit, is the bright-ish spot of sky in the upper left corner. I’m not sure there is much you can do about it, its probably best to just leave it alone, but if it were mine I might experiment with lowering the brightness of that area just a tiny bit or maybe a little negative dehaze there? It is beautiful as is.

Hi, Ben,
I really like the light in the picture. The central image creates a necessary point of interest to hold the gaze:
I really like the separation between the main tree and the background, and the bright light coming in through the URC.
Nice one.

Nice Romantic view of Nature. The bend in that tree is very appealing. Good sense of space in this picture as well.

The sun is trying to enter for putting to flight the remaining shadows of the night. You have taken and processed very well a light that is not easy to capture. Beautiful photo.