Indri Lemur Mid-Lunch

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback would be appreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
This photo was taken several years ago and I can’t find the technical details for it, but I do know that my camera at the time was not nearly as crisp as my current camera.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@trevorrochephotography

This fellow is hanging in or on there beautifully. Nice capture. I think I’d open up the shadows on the left side of the face as well as the dark black fur. The sky is pretty bright and does not add anything to the image, so I might crop a bit from the right side. My crop may be a bit to much; I tried to get rid of the leaves on the right side. It might help to add some vignette on the right and top in the sky too. Wonderful capture.

The lighting is pretty harsh which makes shooting a black and white animal difficult. It’s caused loss of detail in both the white on top his head and the blacks. I think the composition is fine but agree you could bring up the shadows. The eye contact is great. I’m curious about the wire or whatever that is along the top of his arm.

I agree, I really didn’t know how to do post at this point yet and it is a bit overdone. Also, the wire that you noticed isn’t a wire it is just a weirdly straight branch, I wish it wasn’t there because it is distracting.

I just love the look Lemur gave you, the repost is much better.
However the cut you gave to this image is not very supportive.