Interweave + REPOST

I was drawn in by the patterns made from these cottonwood branches.

D810, 70-200mm

3 Likes

@Harley_Goldman, Looking up sometimes pays well !! A fine image, Harley. For my taste a bit to tight. But for me that is the beauty of photography . You can make images that gives you a good feeling and than hope for others to have that feeling to.

I like the comp. the beaches do have a great patteren.

I’d personally like to see a front lit version which would add more contrast between the leaves and the background

Harley, love this one as is. What’s not to like with cottonwoods as subjects? High on my list along with aspens of course.
I really like the networking of the darker trunks, branches and even some of the finer leaf stemming throughout. The golden leaves and muted lighting adds nicely to the main darker framing overall…:+1:
Only thought for change is slight boost in contrast. Hard to really tell anymore with these old peepers…:nerd_face:

Harley,

Its a strong graphic. The branches are the attraction here for sure. You did these trees justice with this photo.

I like it. There’s a nice interplay of the branches with the leaves.
:vulcan_salute:

Harley, the small size looks cut off at the bottom but when I expand it, things are different. It doesn’t have that feeling anymore. I also like the shape that the branches make. If there is a nit, it would be that horizontal twig right at the top edge of the frame near the center.

Very nice lines in the branches in this. You might consider a very slight dodge of the lighter areas in the tree branches to make them op a little more. I can also see perhaps brightening the orange leaves just a wee bit.

I love the composition, and the flow of the tree. This is a nice find.
-P

Harley, I think the placement of the tree trunks makes for a very graphic and compelling composition. I especially like the inverted triangle shapes created where the trunks form V-shapes. I think this alreadystrong image could be improved a bit further with some tonal balancing to increase the exposure slightly in the left half of the tree. And I I agree with @Preston_Birdwell about brightening the leaves a bit too. But these are nits, overall it’s the graphic composition that carries this image.

Thanks for the comments and excellent suggestions. I did a repost based on the suggestions and I like it.

I like the repost H. Only thing missing is a slight vignette that would lessen the impact of the brightness along the edges.

That’s the ticket, Mr. H… Looks great!
-P

A little late here Mr. H., but wanted to chime in. I too love the structure of the tree and how you’ve isolated the interior of the cottonwood. Although folks weren’t commenting inititially on the luminosity, I thought the original was a little dark and luminosity a little murky (lack of a better word.)
The good news is that I think you’ve done a great job with the repost. The brilliance of the leaves is much better and still the structure of the branches remains the story.

Beautifully seen and captured.

Lon