Intimacy

Am no where near the top class landscapes and water scapes posted here. However, when I go for my macro shoots, I do tend to make a couple of images. The stream has kicked off this year, and water has started flowing.

This is a small scape, and the leaves there will give an idea of the size of the area.
Feel free to critique.
6Dii, 24-105, ISO-L(50), i Sec

F22
Balan Vinod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Balan,

A lovely, intimate scene. I love how the water is handled here with just enough texture and detail, yet still giving the sense of the flow. The scattering of leaves, and the details and arrangement of the surrounding rock all comes together pleasingly.

Only suggestion might be to bring up the luminosity of the upper part of the image - if just slightly. But perhaps that might take away from the mood you’re trying to portray. I believe you like your images on the darker side. No biggie here.

Lon

Balan, I like arrangement of the rocks here, and the use of strong diagonal lines. The leaves do a nice job of providing scale and framing the small cascade. I do agree with Lon that the upper half of the image could benefit from a small increase in exposure. Not sure what to make of this, but the amount of flow in the bottom pool looks significantly greater than the water flow feeding it from above, nothing to do with nothing, it just looks unusual.

Balan, this is a very pleasant scene with the scattered leaves and the flowing water. It’s easy to imagine sitting there listening to the quiet splashing. I agree about dodging the upper parts. I also thank that some dodging of the water coming in from the upper left and where it falls into the pool would look good.