Invasive Beauty

(https://images.naturephotographers.network/original/3X/4/9/497ee7847fcfe26be066df2034dc85fc20d1d33a.jpeg)

I just loved how the sun brought out colors in the stems of this field of dried up Queen Anne’s lace. It’s one of my favorite ‘flowers’ even though it is an invasive species.

Specific Feedback Requested

I thought it might look kind of abstract? I also like it in black and white… any feedback always more than welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 800
300mm
f/6.3
1/500
Sharpened a bit and brought exposure up a slightly.

naturenessie

I wasn’t aware that QAL was not native to North America. It’s a major host to one of my favorite butterflies, the Black Swallowtail. Both views are nicely graphic although I’m a bit partial to the creamy background version. I agree that b&w might also look very good.

1 Like

@Mark_Seaver yes, it’s native to parts of Europe and Asia and was brought over! The pollinators don’t mind! Actually the bottom one is the black and white version, maybe not traditional black and white, but for some reason the way it converts from the original color image!

I like both images, Vanessa. The lines are really neat. They have vastly different moods, so you can use them for completely different purposes.

1 Like

@Dennis_Plank
Thanks, Dennis! I thought it looked so pretty and elegant at the top of the hill with the sky for the background!