Isolated

Wetlands Alaska
A small isolated body of water and surrounding marsh-Fairbanks AK

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any and all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
NO Canon 7D @ 24 mm 1/60sec f/11 iso 200

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

James, this looks like an inviting spot. The high contrast does make it seem stark.

This is a nice image. The high contrast with the large almost black areas make the image very special. It is somewhat different to what I am used to, but I like it very much.

I like this very much - I wonder if it would gain in impact without those smaller clouds at the top. For me they disturb the symmetry of the two halves of the image; but this is very personal, and asymmetry is probably a virtue here too.

Beautiful image, James! I love the high contrast black and white! Especially for bringing out the clouds. My only suggestion is a very slight crop from the top as it looks like there’s a few bits of whispy clouds peeking out. I think it would help make those top clouds stand out more. Beautifully composed!

Mike, thanks for the comment. I tried the crop and I agree with your take on the visual impact. This crop does direct my eye toward the horizon and plays well with the mirro image in the water.