Joshua Tree Swirl

Photographed during a monsoonal event at JTNP. The perspective is the results of a Mamiya 37mm Fisheye lens. What I like about the unit is it works as a super-wide-angle if used parallel to the subject, but can be tipped at a variety of angles to obtain various amounts of fisheye distortion.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Although not a composite the moon size was increased by stretching as the super-wide-angle did shrink the large full super moon.

Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya “C” 37mm Fisheye - Velvia 50

3 Likes

An interesting and creative take on a popular subject. I can see it as a part of a set featuring Joshua trees. I wonder about the empty space around the moon…too empty? I wish there was something in the URC, but what can you do? The colors are lovely as is the light.

1 Like

Thank you for the review and comment , Kris. This J-tree was isolated by itself and was in decent shape for that time of the year. The empty space around the moon is what it is. During the monsoonal season the cloud structures and tropical storms originate in the southeast moving up from Mexico which is where the cloud collection is located in this scene… :cowboy_hat_face:

Fun! The clouds do swirl up nicely in the direction the tree is pointing!

1 Like

Wheeeeee! This is a fine, fun fish eye view, Paul, with the J-tree positioned well to minimize it’s distortion

1 Like