Juvenile Groundhog 2

I recently posted another photo of this little one, but never could get the color just right, it seemed. But, he/she gave me another chance, and a cute pose. I hope this one is better.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom @ 180mm
f/5.6
1/750 sec.
ISO 2000
Hand Held

Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, sharpness, and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

2 Likes

Another good catch with personality! I never realized how fine their front paws are - almost like a raccoon’s. The golden fur underneath is really nice. Never knew they had that either. The branches frame nicely. Do you prune occasionally to keep this framing space?

Thanks! I normally trim that viburnum so that it doesn’t get unruly. But this spring, it started growing over that wall, and those branches had some incredibly profuse and beautiful blooms on them, so I let them grow. This fall, I’ll probably give it a little trim to keep it tidy.

I just love the standing pose and green leaves provide great BG.

1 Like

Terry, this is a fine look at this groundhog. It’s erect pose and how it’s “cradled” by the branches and leaves work very well.

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. He definitely gave me a good photo op.

An excellent capture of this Groundhog, Terry! Color and detail are excellent and the green vegetation frames it nicely. Well done!

The color looks perfect to me, Terry. I love the pose! He looks like he’s about to tell you something!

@Gary_Minish Thanks, Gary. I appreciate your comments.

@Vanessa_Hill Thanks, Vanessa. He WAS telling me something. “Bring my feeder back!” I had a platform ground feeder for the birds there. But he/she kept coming and laying in the feeder and eating all the bird seed, so I had to stop putting it out.

1 Like

That’s so funny! They eat a lot!

1 Like