Juvenile of Crested Serpent Eagle

I was surprised to find this juvenile of Crested Serpent Eagle on ground because normally they are found on high perches. This one was carefully lifting dry leaves and eating the insects.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 1000; 1/400 sec. at f 4.

4 Likes

Nice shot of this beautiful eagle, J Rajput. The bird is sharp and the background blends in well. It looks like I even see a feather under his belly that’s about ready to fall off.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
You are showing us a really nice low angle of this Eagle. The eye contact and feather detail are great. I would have never thought an Eagle would spend time on the ground eating insects, thank you for this educational photograph.
Peter

1 Like

Sharpness and detail are amazing Jagdeep. He stands out even with a similarly colored BG. Sweet bokeh too and he is well positioned in the frame. I’m thinking the insects must be a “side” to his main meal, ha ha.

1 Like

A great capture of this eagle eating larvae, Jagdeep! Your bird photos have all the great features of your animal photos; crisp detail, excellent exposure & colors, perfect separation, nice composition and that 500mm lens sure has some nice, smooth bokeh! I agree with Jim that it’s impressive how well the bird stands out even with such similar color foreground and background. Very nice shot! :+1: :clap:

Thank you so much friends :pray: