Kanas Lake (with motion blur)

Recently I posted a question about a point and shoot camera for landscape andDavid Kingham suggested the sony RX100.. I ended getting the M7 version and I am very happy with the camera overall. Its a wonderful light camera for travel and street photography. The quality of the landscape images are not as good as the DSLR especially in low light situation with very high noise. However, the camera allowed me to make many grab shots which I would not have been able to do with the DSLR.

This particular image was taken in the iconic site of Kanas Lake in Xinjiang, China. Of course I took many shots in the conventional manner but being and iconic site, the images are ‘similar’ to thousands of other images of this site. I want to try something different and I was able to experiment and take this image from a moving bus with one hand. I wanted to create it painterly effect with motion blur. Image was post processed in LR, with decreased clarity and contrast, minor increased in vibrance. Would be interested in your comments on this experiment.

1 Like

Yes, a great camera RX100. For me your experiment is a success ,Nice colors , a fine mood in it.
If I should alter something, than I would take away most of the grasses at the bottom up to where the trees begin.

It does have a fine mood. I think a crop from left side to eliminate the 1/2 tree trunk would help. There is a blurry area on left in the tall tree that extends in a downward arc a little. Not sure if it was raining and this is a result of a water spot or maybe some growth in foreground. It is a bit of a distraction. Otherwise I think your experiment works well. I like camera motion images.

Jim, you sure are observant with the blurry areas. It rained overnight and there were some water droplets on the window of the bus. I did not noticed until post processing. Thanks for your comment.

I like it very much. I agree with @Jim_Gavin about the crop. And I see you’ve addressed my other concern about the water spot.
:vulcan_salute: