Killdeer Calling II

Hi All,

Shot this the same day as my previous post. There was less vegetation in the foreground for this one. In post, I leveled the shot a bit, cleaned up the water, sharpened the bird, reduced noise on the BG. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D850
500mm + 1.4x tc, handheld
ISO 1600
1/640
f/5.6

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@feelingruby

Another beautiful image, Lyle, though I do prefer the slightly artsy look of the earlier post.

Another excellent shot of this pretty little bird, Lyle! I like the reflection on this one and prefer it to the previous post. Well done!

Really beautiful, Lyle. I love the reflection. The details are wonderful, and catching him in the middle of a call is a nice plus.

Hi Lyle
Nice looking Killdeer. The soft back ground, reflection, detail and low angle framing are great.
Nice work.
Peter

Hello, Lyle, this is awesome. Love the low angle, clean surroundings for the bird and the vegetation on the right is adding a lot - as is the ripple circle. Wonderfully done ! Cheers, Hans

Hi Lyle,

Very nice lighting and your post processing resulted in a very fine image. Comp is spot on., reflection and subject are perfect. Awesome…Jim