King Of The Hill

I assume the slow shutter speed WC theme is based more upon some kind of movement in the scene possibly? With that said most all my images shot with 50 asa film in low light range from 4 seconds to a record exposure of 8 minutes one time.
However, in keeping a bit with the thought of shooting with some kind of motion taking place this might be my only image with motion appearing. The clouds are on the move during a monsoonal flow and might provide the image the criteria as a candidate for this weeks WC theme.

Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya 37mm “C” lens - Velvia 50

Here I thought it was a challenge week for mentally slow photographers and I was going to post for it. My bad. Nice desert scene, Paul. No nits here, looks good as presented.

1 Like

Harley, thanks for the comment. Your point about “slow” is well taken. However, that meaning or theme is still a few weeks out and is listed as, “slower then molasses”. For which I know I’m totally up to meeting that particular WC challenge…:clown_face:

Paul,

Excellent desert scene - and am I correct that I think I’ve seen this before? Seems somewhat familiar and you may have posted some time back…

Love the composition - very solid with just the right amount of sky and that cacti being placed in one of those “rules that were made to be broken” solid composition locations.

Colors, processing excellent as well.

Lon

1 Like

Lon, yes I’m sure I posted others in the past from this locale, but not this exact one taken this last year.
Thanks as always for the review and comment too…:sunglasses:

It’s a nice desert scene, Paul. The light is a little harsh, but you did a good job with it. I do wish the barrel cactus was a little more prominent. I like the desert color, and the sky came out nicely.
-P

1 Like

Paul, slow did refer to the shutter speed, but I’ll accept other ideas as well… (:wink:) I like how you’ve emphasized the big barrel cactus and the wedge of rocks around it. I’m struck by how little motion the clouds show. It took some time to notice that there are some horizontal lines in the clouds. It did occur to me (much later) that slow for an SLR user is not the same as slow for LF.

1 Like