Kudu

Tswalu is a game reserve in northern S Africa which has has high dunes on a portion of the reserve. As we crossed a dune I looked back and saw this kudu in an opening and positioned against a cloud. I thought it made for an interesting and different photo of a kudu. I played with tighter crops but preferred this more environmental version.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D500 and 80-400 at 400, f/8, 1/640, ISO 640 and about cropped to about 80% of the original.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like this, Richard. Not a conventional image, but it works well. Just sliding it up and down, I think maybe a touch off the bottom would work even better and you might play with emphasizing the Kudu a bit, but a fine image as posted.

Very interesting composition ! I somehow feel that darkening the mid tones would improve the image and some more color can be extracted from the clouds.