Lamp on Fire

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I saw an interview by Tony Sweet. Great photographer and he talked of camera movement style of photography. I found some of his image really interesting. So i tried this technique out and did this shot. My friend, the great photographer, Bill Guerrant does lens pull style of photography which really creates new interesting photography. Camera movement can be used photographing nature as well as man made things. Check out Tony Sweet … really cool No Rules !!! photography.

Specific Feedback

It may be a little unbalanced i guess. This style of photography is new to me. I have seen some nature shots done with this technique and they came out really nice. I decided to post this as something else.

Technical Details

Lowest ISO on my camera L 10… shutter 1.6 f 28 Move the camera right to left.

Pretty cool, Gil. I’ll bet You could do a double movement to make it more symmetrical if you wanted to. It almost turns the streetlight into a torch since the darker base blends with the original structure and doesn’t look as if it were created by motion. I’ve tried some of the camera motion stuff on nature subjects. The success rate isn’t high, but electrons are pretty cheap and I don’t clutter up a landfill when I hit the delete key.

It’s was for fun. Check out Tony Sweet. He’s a great photographer.

That is pretty cool, @Gill_Vanderlip! I’ve done a lot of nature ICM, but not much urban. It took me a minute to recognize what it was. :slightly_smiling_face: I hope you do some more!

Thanks. I’m practicing and learning different ideas and to make new photography for myself. Camera movements and lens pulls can make an interesting style of photography.
:pray::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: