Landing

For two weeks now, this Blue has been set up in Rocky Neck State Park, just to the right of were it landed. When I come out to the park in the morning, it’s like greeting an old friend. This shot was taken on Sept. 12, at 8:40 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R%, Canon 100-500mm, f9, 560mm, 1/2000, -.7EV, ISO 2000. The shot is cropped by 20% and I adjusted the highlight and exposure in DXO Photo Lab 4.

The light is amazing. And those wings! Thanks for your patience watching spending time with this bird. They are sometimes shy, but often get used to human activities. Bravo!

Nice wing flush or flash. Excellent detail. I would try to increase the exposure a tad on the darker heron because of the bright background.

Hi Kristen & David
Thank you for the comments. The Heron is about 50 yards for Rocky Nest State Park viewing stand and the lighting was provided by Mother Nature. David I found I easier bring down the grass, then increase the exposure on the Heron. I used the HSL Hue Picker DXO Photo Lab 4 to select only the grass and reduced it’s luminance.
Peter

Nice catch Peter. I like the softness of the grass along with landing pose of the bird. Both images work for me but the repost makes the grass seem a tad softer so maybe I’ll give a slight lean in that direction.

Lovely setting for the bird, and a very nice pose. Looks like a good place to feed. I like your RP.

RP improves overall feeling and decreases some of the harshness in the grasses.

I like the original edit best as it places the emphasis of the GBH, whereas this edit seems to even the two out. It’s not that it’s bad, only that I think it just evens the exposure too much.

Rocky Nest SP, a new place to go shoot as it is only about 45 miles to the west of me.