By By

This Green Heron was photographed at the Four Mile River in East Lyme, Ct on 6-1-20, 7:12 AM.

I spotted the Heron as I walked down to the boat launch and got one shot of it on the ground and the next one is this shot. Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm, ISO 1250, F8, 1/2500, 600mm, hand- held. It is a 60% crop and I decreased the highlight and saturation of the grass and remove the lower leg of the Osprey nest in DxO PhotoLab.

Thank you for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like the detail, Peter - especially hand holding @ 600mm! Great timing with the shot, as well.

Best,
Terry

A lovely take off pose with lots of under wing detail. Nice and sharp.

Very nice take-off shot, Peter. I wondered how you knew it was going to depart, but your text sort of explains this. Love the wing position ! Cheers, Hans

Hi Peter, nice take off pose - love the wing position, stretched out neck, and trailing feet. Colors look good. The bird lacks fine sharpness to me with sharpening artifacts.

Excellent color, light, and takeoff position. Well composed.

Pretty much what everyone else has already said Peter. Excellent light, good wing position, non distracting background, and good angle on the bird. If I were suggest anything it would be to remove the 2 blades of grass that that are prominent pointing at the birds beak from below. You might want to also remove the 2 white OOF things in the URC. They are a little bit distracting. Otherwise, great shot Peter!

Really nice, Peter. I love the take-off stretch. The only thing I can think of to change would be to take a bit off the bottom as it feels like there’s more there than needed to me. Excellent work-I never seem to be quick enough for these shots.