Green Heron 2

Here is another Green Heron shot from my neighborhood lake. This one let me get a bit closer than the previous image.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any/all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any/all

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO, 1.4x TC III
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/2000s

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is an excellent and flattering angle to capture in flight, Allen, great that you got both wings so nicely visible. The dark green water makes the bird stand out quite well. Nice work on this little guy - I’m envious.

Good plumage detail and nice wing position, Allen. Maybe a touch more room on the left, but it’s pretty much a judgement call. I like the water background. Did you increase saturation on the eye? It seems maybe a touch too prominent.

Thanks Bill and Dennis.
I didn’t make any specific enhancements to the eye.

Real nice color and light on this image. I really like the wing position. What percentage crop was this one? It does seem a tiny bit soft but mostly in the larger image. Perhaps it is the converter that decreases some of the image quality.

Just superb… nice wing position and terrific POV. They are extremely skittish in my area so I am envious…

Very nice in-flight capture, Allen. Excellent exposure and clarity plus the dark green background really helps separate the bird.