Green Heron

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The green herons have returned to my neighborhood lake. I am hoping that a pair will nest by the boat dock again this year. This bird held a lengthy preening session then flew by me while I was sitting on the dock.

Specific Feedback

Any. I chose to show this pose since both wings were visible with the most downturned one in front.

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III
ISO 2500, f5.6, 1/1600s, hand held

What a gorgeous in-flight portrait! The clarity is really nice, and I love the contrast to the simple background. Great job catching this handheld!

1 Like

Beautiful flight shot, Allen. I really like the view of the back with good eye contact as well.

1 Like

Great flight shot, Allen. Showing the upper wings like this is awesome. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Oh wow, Allen, what a great in flight shot of this Green Heron. The color and details are spot on, and I love the lines in the water with colors of green, picking up the colors in the wings. Nicely done. I saw and shot a Green Heron at the NWR but he was fishing. Not nearly as good as this, nor as interesting. Just find to see one of these and photograph them.

1 Like

Allen, this is a fine look at this bird against a nicely complementary background. The details in the wings are great.

1 Like