Leaving so soon?

This is a follow up to my earlier post of the Blue walking on the mud flats. In the grassy mud flats one or two Herons would hand out in the middle of a larger group of Egrets. The shot was taken hand-held from the Zodiac on Sept. 17 at 8:22 AM.

Thank you for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F7.1, 1/1600, 546mm, ISO 800, -.7EV. I reduced the highlights and cropped the shot by 50% in DxO PhotoLab 4.

A unique photo Peter with an apt title. What an expression on the GBH. The heron is nice and sharp and maybe the egret could use a bit of selective sharpening around eye and bill. I really like the grass and would be tempted to brighten it up a bit. It is nice that you can get out there in a zodiac.

Hello, Peter, this images brings a smile to my face ! A bit more sharpness on the egret would help the image, but I think it’s great as presented. Wonderful moment, well reacted ! Cheers, Hans

I agree with both David and Hans on this one with respect to the sharpening. It is a behavioral moment. Good humor in this one.

Would agree with previous comments. Very nicely captured.

Hi
Thanks for all the comments. Here is a repost with the Egret sharpened.
Peter

Hi, Peter. A terrific moment captured here. I grinned when I opened the image. I really like the texture the grass adds to the scene.
Best,
Terry