Morning walk

This Blue along with two other Great Blues spent most of there time with 10-15 Egrets ( Great Egrets and Snowys) between the Back and One Mile Rivers at low tide. The shot was taken hand-held from the Zodiac on July 25 at 7:35 AM.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F8, 1/1250, 484mm, -.3 Ev, ISO 1000. In DxO PhotoLab 4, I reduced the midtones, exposure, increased the viberancy and cropped it by 30% into a 16 by 9.

1 Like

I like the positioning of the heron in the frame and the walking pose. I like the grassy background and tuft of grass in front of the heron. Very nice.

Great title and nice image. Is the bird a bit over sharpened in the front or is that just side lighting?

Great environmental shot of the GBH. Good detail in the bird and grass. Thanks for sharing.

Hi
Thanks for the comments.
Larry here is a repost of the shot with the sharpness toned down at bit.
Peter

I love the pose of the Heron, Peter and the composition is superb. To my eye, the bird seems just a tad soft, so Iā€™m not sure about reducing the sharpening.

Excellent environment and behavior. Pleasing pose. Agree that head is a tad soft. Oversharp in not an issue.

A dandy shot of the heron striding along. The bird is nicely placed in the frame and I like the habitat. I prefer the initial post. Nice one.