Ha you guys

As you can see Snowy Egrets are a lot of fun to photograph. This shot is a follow up to post I made on Sept. 28. The shot is handheld form the Zodiac. I spent around 5 minutes watching this Snowy tell the nearby nesting Ospreys how important he was.

Thank for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, 313mm, F7.1, 1/5000, -.7EV, ISO 640. In DxO PhotoLab 4, I reduced the highlights, and cropped it by 60%. I also remove a lower branch.

3 Likes

What a fun photo! It put a smile on my face because the egret brings to mind a picture of a distinguished older man laughing hysterically over something. It’s a nice, sharp image too. If it were me, I might have brought the crop in a little closer because the right side seems to have quite a bit of negative space, but not sure I’d keep it like that…would just play with it to see if I liked it better. That said, I really enjoyed this.

Thank you for sharing!

The egret does look like a bit of a character. A real fun pose. I might take a tiny slice off left to decenter a bit more. The droppings are an eye catcher and an easy fix with software. Fun.

Hi
Thank you for the comments. Here is a post with the most of the dropping clone out and the shot recropped.
Peter

2 Likes

If only nature were truly that clean ;). Love it!

Priceless pose and expression of the Egret. I like the repost a tiny bit more, but the original would do for me just as well. Cheers, Hans

Hi,
Nice pose and the repost has a slightly stronger comp than the original. You handled the whites very well and wish the egret was closer to you so that you could have captured more details. But that pose is well worth the capture. Well done…Jim