Just another bad hair day

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I just love photographing Snowy Egrets. This one was taken at low tide in Old Lyme, Ct from the Zodiac, on Sept.3, 2022, at 9:30AM. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm &1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 800, and crop by 55%, with minor adjustment in DXO PhotoLab 6.

1 Like

Very cool Peter. This species can really manage to look disreputable when they try. The detail looks excellent, but it’s kind of hard to see in many of the white areas (just the nature of the critter). Does DxO have a means of jacking up the micro-contrast a bit to bring out that texture?

Hi Peter, You’re lucky to have these birds to photograph. Nice capture of this one.

Hi Peter, nice puffed up pose you caught with good exposure on the whites. A fine capture.

HI Dennis, Allen Brooks & AllenSparks
Thank you of your kind remarks, Snowys will often put on a show.
Here is a repost with more micro-contract played to the Egret.
Peter

Nice job, Peter.

Cool and fun! Good tweak on hte whites. Snowies out here seem to have a lot of trouble with cooties.

Hi Diane
Thank you for your comments.
Peter

Hi Dennis
There are so many outstanding photographers on this web sight, its just an honor to have one of my photographs picked as the editors-pick of the week.
Ps.
I was voting for Allen’s Black-capped Chickadee.
Peter

1 Like

Peter, what a show and what a shot! Nicely done. The extra bit of contrast helps too. I love shooting the Snowys too.

Enhanced micro-contrast did its job. The pose is agreat and this is a fun picture to look at. Congrats For the EP…Jim

Hi Shirley & Jim
Thank you for your kind words.
Peter

2 Likes

Congratulations on the EP, Peter! :slight_smile:
You and this image deserve it!

And what an awesome image it is! The added contrast did the trick for bringing out more details.

Very well done, Peter! :slight_smile: