Did you hear me!

Snowy Egrets are just fun to watch. This one was shot on the Black River hand-held from my Zodiac on 7-28-20. I spent around 5 minutes with it and have three vary nice photographs of the Snowy playing around. The other two I will post later on.

Thank you for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm lens, 313mm, F7.1, 1/5000, ISO 640. In DxO Photo Lab, I increased the exposure by .47, lowered the highlight by 23, increased vibrancy by 23 and cropped the shot by 50%.

Pleasing composition with excellent detail in the white plumage. I’m really enjoying the open beak. I’ve noticed that in many of your images, I don’t see a single cloud so you must have pretty decent weather or you only shoot on cloud free days?

I like the fact you were able to have some greenery in the background instead of a pure blue sky. Nice pose with the open beak.

I like the smidgen of a BG. I’m wondering about lightening the branch a bit – the Shadows slider should do enough. For me, the bird is very small in the frame without much else of complimentary interest. But I guess zooming in more would have lost the trees, even if you went vertical. Look forward to seeing the others.