Fly by 2

Any pertinent technical details:

This is the same Great Egret I posted earlier. The shot is hand-held and cropped into a 16 by 9 by 30%. I adjusted the highlight, blacks and clarity in Lightroom 6.
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 08/02/18, 08:47:41
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/3200
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -2/3, ISO Speed 400
Lens TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011
Focal Length 552.0mm, Image Quality RAW.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A classic egret flight pose with decent detail and the whites under control. BTW, I believe this is a Snowy Egret (black bill, yellow color on the feet and backs of the legs).:smiley:

Definitely a Snowy, one of my favorites because of their yellow feet. I really like this shot, Peter.

Good flying pose and wing detail. Your choice of crop works well.

Excellent exposure and detail. I like the wing position.

Very nice flight image, Peter. I like the low swept wing position. I’d be interested to see how it was cropped from the original.

A very good flight pose with a great angle, Peter. The Egret looks quite sharp, but I think you could bring out some more detail in the feathers. There are software packages that let you adjust micro-contrast and they really help bring out feather texture without graying out white birds. I know you’re doing your processing in LR, but some of them can work as plugins to that program. You might be able to do it directly in LR as well, though I don’t know of a method. Keith might.

Hi Phil
Thank you for the correction, Snowy not Great Egret.
Peter

Hi Bill
Thank you for the comments. This is the original shot.
Peter

Peter, thanks for posting the original, which I like very much. There is plenty of detail there. Always nice to actually see the original, and I understand your reasoning for the crop. If mine I would probably not crop the height at all, just a bit off the LHS to an 11x17 format. Maybe just me but I think it would look great that way.