Were am I

I photograph this Snowy at Hammonasset State Park, CT. As you can see it was a very overcastted day. I adjusted the exposure by +1.35, contrast by +18 and the clarity by +47 in Lightroom 6. The shot is hand-held.
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 09/14/18, 08:40:57
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1600
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3, ISO Speed 500
Lens TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011
Focal Length 450.0mm, Image Quality RAW. Thank you for stopping by
Peter

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Well done, Peter, it’s simple and quite effective, and the calm conditions are to die for. This guy looks well fed. The open mouth is a bonus. The sort of high key/low key look works very well here. While there may be some who’d suggest a B&W, I would definitely not! This is one of those images where just the least hint of color works perfectly for a species like the Snowy. If it were mine I’d likely try juicing up the sat just a bit, but just for the yellows and maybe for the water. Also, this looks like a good image for bringing up the exposure of bird and reflection, leaving the water at same levels. Overall it’s very nice and the reflection in dead still water makes it even nicer. I’d be happy to have something like this.

A lovely and serene image, Peter. I think your processing is fine. I don’t use LR for detailed processing, so I’m not sure what the capabilities are, but there’s an insect and its reflection straight left of the Egret’s feet that keeps drawing my eye. If LR has the capability, you might think about removing it.

As stated, the calm waters are awesome, and make the image for me. Processing wise I think you nailed it. Cheers, Hans

Another pleasing high key look at this Snowy Egret. Super reflection.

I am attracted to this photo for its simplicity. Beautiful pose, composition and well executed!
Grt, Ingrid.