Here looking at you

I have been playing with this photograph for months. I finely decided on the white balance and using a 16 by 9 framing, hope you all like it. The Snowy was photograph on the Back River in Old Lyme, Ct on Aug.1, at 7:30 AM. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, f6.1, 484mm, -.3EV, 1/2000, ISO 500. The shot is cropped by 60% and I adjusted the highlights, micro contrast, vibrance and saturation in DXO PhotoLab 5.

interesting pose for the bird, Peter. I like the colors, and the luminosity. Well done. I might consider a little off center positioning, but that’s minor. Well done.

I think this is nice framing for the pose, which gives me the feeling that I’m sitting in the tree next to the nest. Noise reduction and tonalities look good with a soft, pleasant sky color.

Hi Peter, I like the head turn toward us and the exposure looks good. Nice catch. I think the whites on the chest show the sizeable crop in lacking some detail. Still a fine image.

I love the pose, Peter. I think the white balance is fine. I hadn’t noticed the “goggles” on this species before.

Hi
Thank you all for the comments. Dennis, as you pointed out, the Snowy’s goggles keep bring me back to this shot.
Peter