Were did everyone go?

This Heron was photographed on Aug. 1 at 7:30AM in Old Lyme, Ct. ,from the Zodiac.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, f7.1, 600mm, 1/2000, ISO 800. The shot is cropped by 60% into a 16 By 9 and I reduces the highlight in DXO Phot Lab 4.

4 Likes

I love this image, @peter ! Beautiful and sharp Heron, against a gorgeous and out of focus field of grass. I like the touch of in-focus grasses that are in the same focal plane as the Heron. I might make one small change if it were my image…cloning out the brighter area at the top center of the frame so that the top of the frame is a unified dark tone. But wow, I just love this scene! Also, perfect title!

Really like this shot: the colors, light, detail in the heron, the grass-all came together for you here. Well done.

What they said!! Really nice and +10 for the title – it captures his look exactly!

Looks like you are liking the new camera!

That quizzical head turn is great - asking us the question! Lovely shot, Peter.

Hi Mark, Allen, Diane & Mike
Thank you for the comments, some times you get lucky and nature drops a smile on my morning photo shoot.
Mark here is a repost with the brighter area removed and Diane the R5 is a game changer.
Peter

1 Like

Super! It looks like it could be a juvenile. Great job with this one. If it was me, I’d probably have missed it!

Great Catch! Love it when shots like this appear and you’re at the ready to make the capture.

So cute, Peter! I love the expression and how the Heron is engulfed in a sea of beautiful grasses. I really love your beautiful and at the same time lighthearted images!

Excellent, Peter. You took full advantage of the opportunity presented. I love it.

Very nice colors and layering and the quizzical look of the bird is very nice indeed.