Last rays of sunset

The last rays of sunset shine from behind the mountains and the crescent moon starts to shine bright. I liked this simple composition with the tree silhouetted against the sky.

Comments and critiques please. I try to learn from every post.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D750. Nikon 24-120. ISO 100, F16, 0.6 seconds, tripod

Beautiful sunset photo, Andrew. The composition, with the tree on the right side, is quite pleasing. If it were mine, I would remove the “twig” that is to the left of the tree. Lovely serene image.

I like the clean, simple and straightforward composition , the placement of the both the horizon and tree are perfect IMO. And I love the crescent moon, and how you have the tree pointing at it.

To my subjective taste the midtones and highlights in the image look too dark, but I suppose it depends what mood you were trying to convey here. If your intent was to show the last gasp of sunset, this works. But with sunset color like this in the sky, I would suggest bumping up the luminosity a tad to bring out more of the colors.

Love the tree and moon adding to that rich sky color. I had the same processing thought that @Ed_McGuirk did when first looking at the image. One thing that happens though, when you bump luminosity, is that you lose some of the richness the darker colors hold. I often add just a touch of saturation back in if I do the luminosity bump.