Leaf on Fire

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I took this image last March when walking the shoreline at Taughannock Falls St. Park on a bright, sunny, cool day. I didn’t expect to find much to shoot that day, but I was enjoying the walk that was vacant of people and knew it wouldn’t be long before the shoreline filled with picnickers and walkers. I came a pond this scene of a beautiful, big Maple leaf in the water that hadn’t been darken and shredded by the winter weather. The gentle waves of the lake were creating a shimmering effect when they hit the shoreline. I know there’s a name for this but can’t recall it. The leaf is exactly where I found it. I must have watched the waves come in for maybe an hour. Each wave brought in a different design and my camera caught many of them. How lucky I was to witness this amazing show of nature.

Technical Details

Sony a7r v 24-70mm @ 70mm
F/5.6
ss/ 1/2000
ISO 1250
ACR / PS / Nik Collection
I actually did very little processing. I corrected tones and brought it into Nik CEP to add contrast.

1 Like

Donna, this is absolutely beautiful. The only thing I see wrong with it, it isn’t mine! I love images like this. Love to watch scenes like this. It sounds like a morning and a moment to remember. Always pays to have your camera handy. I love those ripple effects it has on the leaf as well as the area around it. I cannot think of one thing to improve this image. I am just sitting here enjoying it.

1 Like