Leaf in stream

51mm, f/13, 1/5 second, ISO 100.

A leaf in the stream diverting the water, a slightly longer exposure.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Longer exposure

Very dynamic and the colors are lovely. I’ve been fooling around with scenes like this lately, so your photo caught my eye. You might consider cloning out or desaturating that bright orange bit near the LLC - it stands out. The rest of the leaf is very cool; I love the texture we can see beneath the film of water.

Gaurav, this is an interesting image. Nice lines, curves, shapes and colors. I do agree with Bonnie that the brighter colors in the LLC that are right near the edge pulls the eye away, so maybe darken or desaturate, or both might help.

1 Like

Thank you, @Bonnie_Lampley and @Shirley_Freeman. I hadn’t noticed that bright spot, and I like your suggestions to desaturate it.

1 Like

Gaurav, this is a fine, up close look at this leaf and the flowing water. You’ve got a good sense of diagonal eye movement from bottom to top with the leaf’s colors looking very good.

Hi Gaurav, an interesting image - love the flow of water through the frame with the leaf on bottom to anchor the action. Nice frame.

Gaurav: I love the dynamism of this that you captured with your SS choice. Well seen and very nicely captured. >=))>