Leaf Web

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

This image is from last year, and I’ve yet to find anything similar as I’d love to do a series of images similar to it. I’ve sold quite a few prints of it as well which makes me quite happy! =)

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

This was taken on an early morning walk through the forest near my home here in Durango, CO.

Specific Feedback

Open to any feedback but I’m quite happy with it!

1 Like

Matt, I really like the crystal-like impression the light has added to the leaves in your beautiful photo. That was the first impression I had when I saw the thumbnail. It is almost like a kaleidoscope image. The minimalist color palette in the photo is another highlight that captures my eye.

1 Like

Oooh, most excellent, Matt! It has a stained glass impression for me. It’s both graphic and delicate at the same time.

1 Like

I love this image! Viewed at a distance, it looks very abstract. Although, up close you can tell just what it is. I love how the leaves are outlined with white and beautifully backlit. I think you achieved a nice tonal balance here.

Matt, the rim lighting lets the Aspen leaves shimmer…just like when you’re walking through a clump of Aspen.