Leaning towards Fall

![Leaning towards Fall]
Original
(https://images.naturephotographers.network/original/3X/e/b/eb1f5cd2655d737d01c9ebaddb3aaacbd51c326d.jpeg)

Warmed up some after seeing how cool is was

Another Fall image from southern Utah. I saw this dead, leaning pine tree in amongst a variety of Fall foliage and I immediately thought of the title before I even took this shot, Leaning towards Fall. I really like all the different colors and in various stages of transformation. The burnt, dead pine tree tells a story of past hardship in this canyon full of life and vibrancy.

Specific Feedback Requested

Do the branches poking into the scene in the upper right corner bother you? All comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Z7, 24-70mm z lens, ISO 100, shot at 53mm, 1/4 second @ f/13

1 Like

David, I really enjoy the colors in this one and the pine tree anchors the image. There is something festive about the array of colors presented here.

1 Like

Beautiful mix of colors in with the snag and pine. I would clone out the branches you reference.

1 Like

Not at all. If anything it would be the yellow in the llc but that’s being pretty analretentive. The splashes of color are wonderful. Whenever I’ve made compositions like this I always wonder where to cut off the top branches of the dead tree.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments and suggestions @Harley_Goldman , @Adhika_Lie , @Igor_Doncov . I appreciate it very much! I added a warmed up version as it felt too cool for me after posting and a little bit dark. Not sure why my images always come out darker on the website here.

I much prefer the warmer version; nicely done.

I love the overall mix of color, and the dominant dead tree provides a nice focal point.

I’m ambivalent about the branches. I really didn’t notice them until I read your post, then kept glancing back to that corner. If you hadn’t mentioned them, I don’t think I would have paid much attention.

It’s beautiful, David. Like someone said, I don’t think I would have noticed the branches if you had at mentioned them. Now that I see them, I don’t see the harm in cloning them out. Such a colorful and beautiful scene.