Leatherwood Station bridge

Another covered bridge in rural IN. The approach to this one didn’t excite me, but from the back side I felt it was quite pleasantly set against the trees. I think it had been moved to this location as it was only on a walking trail.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D3, 24-70 at 27, f/7.1, ISO 400, 1/1600. 3-stop HDR. Could have been at ISO 100 – probably asleep at the switch again. With an HDR noise is less of an issue than when pulling up shadows in a single exposure, but still poor thinking. Slight crop from the bottom, minor tonal tweaks, Topaz Denoise found a little noise to correct, slight dose of Glamour Glow and edges darkened a bit.

J.A. Britton again! You found a good spot to capture this one. Great image! A few minor thoughts: Have you tried to crop a little bit more on the left side? The right side could maybe be darkened a tad using a gradient. There is an indication of a light path going from the FG towards the centre of the bridge, that could be strengthen a little bit to lead you into the bridge.

Another fine covered bridge, Diane. I like that you can see so much inside. Nice placement in the frame too. Balanced with the tall tree on the right. Terrific.

Wow that looks great! So tranquil and scenic. The dappled light is so inviting. Looks like it doesn’t get much traffic, so I hope it stays up for a long time to come.

Thanks everyone! @Ola_Jovall, that’s a good idea. I’ll do a revised version asap.