Leopard and Cub #2

Here’s another of the leopard and cub with whom I got spend quite a bit of time. In this case, the mother was about to pick up the cub and climb into a tree. I liked the expression on the cub’s face as well as the bit of pink of the tongues of both cats.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

Nikon D 500 and 80-400 at f/7.1, 1/800 and ISO 720. Cropped to a 4 X 5.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Awwwwww…this is so sweet ! Love the expressions on cub’s face. I believe mother is licking on the neck here…so adorable !

This is an incredibly sweet moment, Richard. The mother’s tongue really makes this one for me. I did play with this a bit by putting it in Lightroom and using the local adjustment brush on the cub’s face and upper body. I increased the exposure just a tiny bit, added a touch of sharpening and warmed the colors just a tad. It seemed to help pull the eye to that wonderfully cute face.

Richard, this is a wonderful interaction image. The direct eye contact of the cub is enough to steal your heart away. Just curious - the mom looks well fed, or maybe pregnant(?)

Delightful image - the cub’s expression is priceless.
Sandy

Jagdeep, Dennis, Bill and Sandy: thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated. @Bill_Leggett-in this case, the mother was well fed. The tree I referred to had a half eaten impala cached in it. Richard

The three things I look for in a good wildlife image are light, composition, and gesture. This is all about the gesture - the interaction between the mom and her cub. Just sweet!

Richard,
This is as good as it gets!!!

Hi Richard,

The expression on the cub’s face is perfect. Nice details too. Well done…Jim

Well this is well deserved… and I would probably enter it in some competitions…
Superb moment captured, what great photography is capable of and you did it.
Congrats.

Richard
What an awesome shot with that cub looking right at you! Congratulations on the WP !