Move Along + Crop

I like how this mother appears be nudging her cub to move along. They present nicely against the grasses.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Any pertinent technical details: Nikon D 500 and 80-400 lens at 1/1000, f/5.6 and ISO 320.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Wonderful image. High marks for cuteness and wildlife interaction. A really fine photo, In the upper left I am not sure if that is a man-made object (like a fence post) or part of the vegetation. Maybe crop a bit?

Wow, spectacular image!!! Great interaction, detail, poses, and environment. A couple more ideas by email -
sandy

Excellent, Richard. You had a very special moment and you did a great job of photographing it. If you wanted to, I think you could get away with cropping this just a bit tighter without seeming overcrowded, but I think that would depend on how large you wanted to print it.

It appears to be a nice intimate walk by mother and the young one ! Not only mother is nudging her cub but the cub too is touching her with tail.
A touching frame !

Here’s a crop of the original. I cloned out some greenery in the URC and added a border. Richard

1 Like

Even more wonderful.

Now THAT is just about perfect!
Personally, I always leave a tad more room at the top than even with the bottom, but that’s a purely personal thing.
Exceptional image!

Sandy

Beautiful, Richard. This on’es all about that interaction and the tighter crop really shows it off.

This is absolutely stunning !
Cheers!

This is a beautiful, tender moment, well captured! I may be wrong but I have the feeling that the cub itself is a bit soft, which might have been solved with a smaller aperture? Sorry if I’m mistaken! Supercute shot anyway!
Grt, Ingrid.

A tender moment captured well. Interaction between the mom and cub take this to the next level for me. I like the cropped version better. I would print this large and put it in your home. Good stuff.