BW Leopard with Cubs + Re-post

This photo was taken on an overcast day and converted to BW. I liked the diagonal of the rock and the pose of the mother and cubs. I chose a high contrast effect to emphasize the leopards.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
My settings were 1/500, f/8 and ISO 220.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

What a great portrait of these beautiful animals. The eye contact with both of the cubs helps elevate it in terms of impact for me and I think the black and white rendition works quite well. My only critique is that I would crop off the right part of the frame entirely, as I do not think the out of focus foliage adds to the scene and distracts from the leopards. Very nice work, Richard.

Love the pose with two cuties on a higher perch ! B&W works well here.
I may crop little bit of rock (about an inch) at the bottom.

I liked Sarah’s crop suggestion and have added a square cropped version. Richard

Very very cute. I prefer the square cropped version, however, I think ik could work in 3:2 as well, cutting of the bit on the right and then in proportion the same at the bottom.
Grt, Ingrid.