Leopard resting on a tree

Wish you all a very happy new year!!!
This image was taken in Nagarhole National Park (India) during a late afternoon safari.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOS R5, Canon EF 500mm f/4 IS Lens+1.4x Teleconverter.

1/80 sec, f/5.6, ISO-800

@art.of.travelling
2 Likes

This is so beautiful! Welcome to NPN! I just joined too but don’t have as amazing pictures as I’m sure you will!

1 Like

@raven Many thanks for providing the feedback :slight_smile: … Will be looking forward to seeing your images

Welcome aboard and beautiful first post. Great pose and great connection to the beautiful beast through its eyes. Maybe burn down the bright spot in the LRC? Looking forward to seeing more of your work and reading your comments. Good start!

1 Like

Hi Harley, Appreciate your feedback, and agree on burning down the bright spot. I too will be looking forward to interact in NPN forums. Thanks again.

Hello and welcome to NPN! Love it for the most part, but it looks quite magenta to me. I haven’t downloaded it to see your color profile, so it might be that it’s not sRGB which could be causing the problem. Lovely relaxed pose and supreme confidence on display here. How lucky you were to have seen it! Looking forward to more.

1 Like

Hi Kristen, Thanks for taking your time to comment on this post. The color profile of this web version is indeed sRGB, but possibly it requires some color correction. I will check it. Thanks again.

Sandipan, welcome to the community! You will get great advice and feedback here. I love this image. The DOF is great, and of course the subject is amazing. The head gets a little lost in the background leaves. Not sure if you blurred the background just a bit if that would help. Overall, well done!

1 Like

Hi Sandipan!
Welcome to NPN!
Great subject, good eye contact and wonderful pose, surely a beautiful image to open your account.
As Kristen has pointed out, I’m seeing blue; magenta in mid tones and dark areas, which needs to be corrected.
Looking forward to more images from your portfolio…

1 Like

Hi Scott, Thanks much for your feedback. Cheers!!!

Hi Jagdeep sir, Many thanks for the feedback. I will check if I can do some color correction as pointed out here. Thanks again.

I like your composition for this photo. Colors are fine, great view of the leopard.

1 Like