Leopard

I would like some feedback on the processing of this image. I was in Kenya a few weeks back and fell in love with the beautiful Leopards. I have many images of this beauty.
All feedback is welcome.
Sony A7111 with a Sony 100-400
F8 1/610 ISO 1600 focal length 140

ig-https://www.instagram.com/ronichas/

1 Like

Roni, I do not do wildlife photography, but I can surely appreciate an amazing image of any creature, ( “beauty” as you stated) as nice as this photograph. The extra large image is truly stunning with the finer details…Excellent…:+1:…:sunglasses:

Thanks Paul for your kind words.

Beautiful image, and I especially like the tone distribution you’ve chosen. I might desaturate the blue on the tummy.

Beautiful image of this Leopard, Roni. I love his stare off, it is almost like he is posing for you. Very nice.

Good point, thanks! I have redone the image.
I think this one is a bit better.

Thanks so much. We spent a lot of time with this beautiful female leopard. She had a cub but we never saw it.

Great capture! Great pose…Great tonal balance as @Ronald_Murphy conveyed. The color in the 2nd image is more globally desaturated, but pleasing nonetheless. I’m curious as to the way you have managed the texture of his fur. It almost looks illustrated. Very interesting appearance and an artistic statement to be sure. Only recommendation may be to clone out the long piece of grass that serves as a “second tail”. Great shot and thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much Jim. Her coat was just stunning. I didn’t do anything with the fur. That is exactly the way it was photographed. We were fortunate to have her walk right along side our truck. We were always careful to keep a distance from the animals but often they would walk right next to the truck. ! That i is me in the second seat from the right. Our friends in a second truck got the image for us.

I was under the impression that images posted at NPN were made by the person posting the image. Are there any rules about that?
I smell legality.

StevenM, my friend took this image and has given me permission to post this image. I am in the second seat from the right.
What is your issue?

Friends, we all have an obligation to keep NPN a friendly platform so that all of us can learn and enjoy photography in a supportive manner.
We shouldn’t forget that a new member may not be familiar with the NPN, he or she needs to be encouraged in a supporting manner.
Coming to the the topic here, Roni didn’t post the picture for critique or otherwise, she merely posted it in a reply, as a supporting document, as her picture of leopard generated lot of interest.
@StevenM, you’re right that photos are posted by photographers himself/herself. This supporting picture was not meant for critique or showcase and let’s not forget that Roni is a new member and she needs to be encouraged in a friendly manner.

2 Likes

Thanks Jagdeep,
so much for your support and clarification.

1 Like

Yes, this is in the guidelines, but it’s meant to protect from misuse, her friend took the picture and gave her permission, clearly not a misuse.

1 Like

A beautiful image, Roni. I really like the way she was spotlighted. My only suggestion is that the brightly lit green leaves behind her neck draw my eye-I’d be tempted to subdue them a bit.

1 Like