Little Colorado River IIa + Repost

Based on @Igor_Doncov’s comment on my previous image, I’m posting a detail photograph I shot at the same area. I’m not really sure about the comp and I wasn’t even going to process the image, but since Igor thought it might be a good image, I gave it a try.

Previous image:

5D2, 24-105 @ 60
10-stop ND, f/11, 4s, ISO100
TK curves adjustments

Rework based on Igor’s comment that it felt a little dark:

The color contrast here is ideal. The soft warm and cool colors play off each other nicely. The overall composition could possibly be better if the edge rocks created a better frame around larger rock group in the center of the image. But the colors definitely drew me in.

I like the composition as a whole. However, a more high tone version may look nicer. For one thing I liked the blue you had in the previous version a torquoise blue, more than how it comes across here.

No, this is actually really good as well. It just takes a bit of adjustment from the previous image. But I still think it’s a bit dark for the subject matter. It’s actually a really good image.

Thanks @Tony_Kuyper and @Igor_Doncov!

Igor, I agree that it looks a little dark. I’ve posted a rework up top.

Yeah the color contrast here is really nice, this a n extremely pleasing combination of colors. After seeing your prior post, I had hoped that you had also done some semi-abstract extractions like this. The rework, with some added luminosity, looks like a nice improvement.

In terms of composition, the dark brown rocks in the ULC and the LLC, feel a bit out of place to me, especially the one in the ULC. Just a thought, but I found this crop interesting too.

Thanks @Ed_McGuirk, I do like that crop.