Long -billed Curlew

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Always concerned about sharpness when I crop. This about 50%.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Golf courses seem to be good places to see some shore birds that many times I find are partially hidden by tall grass. There were about 20 feeding on this golf course outside of Yuma. So it was a nice opportunity to get the whole bird.
Canon 7D Markll, Sigma 50-600C, ISO500, 1/1000sec, 560mm, f/8, hand held
LR and PSCC just basic changes in LR.
All thoughts are appreciated.
Darn, missed that other bird in the upper left corner.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A different setting from where I’ve seen them and it is nice to get the entire bird. Pose is good, catching it in mid-stride.

Nice pose and good detail in the Curlew, Charlie. The bird in the upper left is an easy fix. While you’re working on that, when I opened the largest image I noticed a kind of crinkly texture in the out of focus grass in the upper background. I’ve yet to figure out what combination of effects causes it, but it’s not too uncommon with grass backgrounds. Anyhow, my eyes find it distinctly unsettling for some reason, so I usually brush over the area with the blur tool until it mellows out a bit. I have not idea if that texture affects others in the same way.

You might also want to look at adding a touch of canvas on the right as the bird is a bit centered, though part of that is due to the long leg and bill.

A nice image.

I see what you mean. I looked at another picture and it had the same effect. I just thought it was a different kind of grass. Now that I look at it again, it needs to be softened or blurred. Thanks