Long exposure and reflections

I took this image a couple of years ago at Lesina lake, in the south of Iyaly. I was very lucky to find this sky, i tried to compose the image as simple as possible with this beautiful sky and the key element of this lake, an old fishing structure. Unfortunately I could not adjust to center the composition due to my position. I would receive comments regarding composition, light and post processing.
Thank you guys.

3 Likes

Beautiful sky and reflection and a really fine simple scene. No suggestions here, looks really good to me.

Nice! The sky and clouds look really good to me. The only thing that caught my eye would be the bottom left of the image is really dark as well as just a tad bit dark on the upper left corner.

I really like this, the simplicity is attractive. I share the concern for the lower left corner being darker. It has the effect of drawing my eye out of the picture in the lower right corner. If it were mine , I would try darkening the lower right corner first and if that was not attractive, then lightening the lower left area.

I think the center composition works perfectly well here with the more-or-less centered orange cloud in the back. Line things up like that can make things look even more perfect.

The simplicity really lets the color shine; the blue and orangish-pink are beautiful together. I actually like the contrast the darkness has, so another option would be to vignette that right side. That would keep the eye focused inward.

A striking image, I like it. Regarding the composition I would argue that the center point of the trees pulls the composition down. Thus the line of the horizon should not divide the image exactly in two halves, but be slightly lower.

Enjoying the stark simplicity and purity of the clouds, sky and structure. I didn’t notice the darkness in the bottom until I read the comments. Would work if you cropped the darkness out. Either way my interest is in the cloud design, the structure and the perfect reflection. Well seen and presented.

Massimo,
The centering of the composition has created a nice symmetry between the sky and water and I love the combination of warm and cool tones in the scene. Beautifully done.

They seem to float in the sky.

A very peaceful image, and the clouds are amazing! I also like the horizon in the middle here.