Long Tailed Manakin-Courtship Dance

First of all, this is a partial composite. I got the front half of the yellow female on the left but not the back half. I did add the back half from the image shot just before this one. Everything else is as shot. As I have mentioned previously, shooting under the jungle canopy is a real challenge.
Yes it looks a little flashed because it was. But I think it is a fun shot just the same. I probably shot several hundred images during this particular shoot of which 90% were unusable because the flash had not recharged enough. I wish there were some in between that appear less flashed.

The males are jumping up and down constantly. This is how they attract the female. If you ever have an opportunity to see a video of their behavior, it is well worth it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Iso-1250, 500 mm, F8, 1250th, tripod, flash at -1, full frame cropped to panorama.

A very good behavioral image and a good job merging the two images, David. While it does look flashed it’s still an excellent documentary image of the courtship.

That is a very interesting image. Amazing. And really good job getting the female foot in air at same times as both males. I like the pano. And definitely a fun shot.