Long Time Companions

I took this image last fall, during a hike near Venetikos river in Greece. On my way back I noticed these rocks that stood out from the autumn trees and shrubs, and gave to me the impression of a group of a friends, somehow. It’s a simple scene, yet I was drawn to it, as it had some things going for it: The rich colors and textures; The way the image is distincly comprised of areas with more highlights or shadows; And then the alignment of the three rocks, and the way they are clustered together being surrounded by the dense vegetation, which provides an expressive / metaphorical aspect to the image, hence the title.

Specific Feedback Requested

As always, anything you like.

Technical Details

Fujifilm XT-4
Fujinon XF 16-80mm F4 WR
1/60 sec, f9 @ 31mm, ISO 160
Processed to taste in Lightroom.

Cool image, Nikos. I think that center rock feature resembles a face. I love it. Well done.

Thank you, glad you like it @David_Bostock !

I like this image a lot and it has a very pleasing composition and I like the story/meaning behind it. I’m not on a very good monitor right now so take this with a grain of salt but the sky seems to have an unnaturally cyan colour to it.

Nice image that grows on you as sit with it. Nicely titled as well. I wonder if this is a crop and if you can try a little more space on the sides.

thank you guys for the feedback here… @Tom_Nevesely I would agree with your comment on the sky, I have probably overdone it with increasing warmth in this scene, I’ll scale it back a bit. @CharlesV good catch… the original image has more space to the right, but it is as you currently see it on the left… so to keep it balanced I had to remove the extra space on the right and go for a tight vertical crop.