Specific Feedback Requested

C/C Welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 16-35
2 stops ND Grad

5 Likes

Beautiful blue hour scene. I love the way the rocks sort of fade into/become the little tide rivulets. I can’t see the full size view , though, clicking the image doesn’t bring up the big view. It looks like there are some lovely details in the farther out water. Maybe uploading it again would make it “clickable”; I’ve had to do that in the past.

1 Like

This is stunning to me. Beautiful to take advantage of blue hour this way.

What if the bright sky os cropped out? Perbaps that increases the drama of the foreground.

This is a very good image, with its color scheme and texture. The foreground with the row of small stones leading into the image adds a lot to the composition.

I’m not sure what I did, but you can open the image full size.
Thanks for noting.

1 Like

Beautiful scene, Joao. I love the detail in the foreground and the way it takes me to the back. No suggestions here, I quite like it as is.

This is a great “journey” for the eyes. I rest in the beginning on the rocks, and the textured sand is very effective in guiding me towards the BG water/blurred waves. The brightness of the textured sand region is very strong to me and does delay my eyes moving towards the back, so if it were mine, I’d be tempted to burn down the brightness of the sand/water and let the texture do the work without the superimposed luminance. The blue is strong and I like the aqua in the water. It’s a very minor point, but the brightness of the upper right corner could be cropped to better manage the borders/corners from distracting bright elements as @Dick_Knudson was inferring.

Regardless, a very captivating and successful image to my eye! Thanks for sharing.

This is a great image Joao, there are a lot of interesting elements and details to appreciate as my eye moves through the scene. Those pebbles really add some nice touches to the image, well seen on your part to include this much of them. I also really like how you processed the luminosity in this image, especially the reflected color on the wet sand, it almost glows.

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments

Another outstanding photograph, Joao. The colours, textures and tremendous depth bring me into the picture and keep me there. My criteria for a fine photograph is the extent to which I would like to look at it every day. This is one of those. I would definitely not crop out the bright sky as it perfectly mirrors and balances the bright mid frame. Beauty!

The blue tones are absolutely lovely in this ocean scene, Joao. This also has a wonderful depth to it starting off with the FG pebbles followed by the rivulets of water in the sand as they draw me into the image. Ordinarily I would suggest cropping off the brighter section of sky, but in this case I think it mirrors the brighter sections of water. This is gorgeous; very nicely done!

This is really, really nice! I love the silvery reflections in the water. They go so well with the rest of the blues in the image. The composition with all of those lines leading in is also really well done!