Bolder at Costa Nova

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C Welcome

I did try without the sky, but for me it makes perfect sense to leave like this ( I do crop a lot of it)

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

2 stop’s Medium Grad ND

6 Likes

Hi João … I really like your image and am happy that you decided to leave some of the sky at the top. It gives more depth and adds an extra layer to the stack of fore, mid and background. I maybe would have given the line of surf receding from the rock a little more space on the right, putting the rock nearer the LH vertical third, but that would crop out the LLC detail which I like. You added just enough ND to smooth out the water a little without taking out all the motion. Great shot!

I really like the simple composition and the colour contrast between the water and the sky. The sky is lovely and I would have loved to see a little bit more of it.

Beautiful and serene. Looks great with the sky, I would not want it cropped out either.

The sky colors are an important part of this great photo.

This is a lovely beach scene, Joao. I am enjoying the contrasting warm tones of the sky and the cooler ones of the wave action, especially those along the shoreline. The placement of the rock is perfect IMO and you definitely needed to keep the sky as it makes for another layer in the image. No suggestions from me as this is beautifully done.

Thank you all for your comments