Lupine Time!

Taken at the NENP meetup last week.

IMG_4494|690x473

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Taken with Canon sX60, F5.6, 1/500 sec., ISO 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Patricia: Nice find! I like the way the main flower crosses over the BG bloom and your DOF for the BG field. Most excellent.>=))>

Very nice, Patricia. I like the way the flowers intersect too. A great find, and well captured. Great BG to compliment the subject.

Patricia,

This is a wonderful find and capture! Not only is it beautiful, but I love the uniqueness of the composition with the leaning and intersecting flowers. The bg is perfect and I even like the inclusion of the leaves at the bottom - Very important too, that you included enough of the leaves to make a statement of inclusion - as opposed to an oversight - if that makes sense.

The processing is light and airy and similar to Kathy’s lupine image, I suppose this could be a tad darker with more contrast, but honestly I think this works beautifully as presented.

I did notice though, there are a couple of cut off stalks in the center of the bottom edge? Some clean up perhaps? You might take a look and do some further cloning in that area. I almost missed it. Clean that up and this will be stellar!

Lon

Here is the repost that includes Lon’s suggestions. Thanks for the critique.

1 Like

Awesome! The rework nails it for me. thanks for taking the time!

Lon

Patricia, the pair of pink lupine looks great, especially with the main flower sweeping across the frame. I also really like the touch of leaves in the lower left. The cleaned up version is a good improvement.

This is really beautiful Patricia. The colors look awesome, the leaning lupine is very dynamic looking, and those out of focus buttercups make for a wonderful background. This is a very well conceived and executed image, nice bit of seeing on your part.