Lupine

![Lupine]

Lupine occur in clusters, so hard to isolate. But this one was sticking out of the cluster into the trail.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DIi + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/11, 1/125, ISO 800
ACR for RAW conversion, PSCC

3 Likes

Really beautiful, Ravi! I love how you captured it and the background green compliments the flowers so nicely!

So bummed I can’t enlarge this (you could try re-uploading it and see if that fixes the issue). Getting a solitary lupine stem is quite a feat. The colors are soft and natural looking and the strong diagonal works here. You could play with a brush tool and just darken the top greens down a bit to match the lower part of the photo…especially the other flowers that are OOF. This would work well in a series of lupine photos showcasing their abundant proliferation and colors.

Hi Ravi,

I have not had much luck finding a lupine inflorescence in total isolation. The sweeping stem and soft BG make this an ideal shot. Everything looks good from the small view and I would repost the image to get a large view. Well done…Jim

Really nice. Such a pretty flower and yet it seems hard to photograph. It would be good to see the large version.

Thanks Vanessa, Kris, Jim and David. I have reloaded the image. Hope it enlarges this time.

I have slightly darkened bright areas and removed some of the bright oof flowers on the top. see the repost. Thanks Kris for your suggestions.

You are quite welcome, Ravi. The rework looks really fabulous. I could see this framed in a triptych either with other Lupine images or other flower/nature images. It’s a nice illustrative shot.

Wonderful capture of the very interesting blossoms. They have a subtle and very pleasing color palette. You got excellent DOF on the subject and kept the BG from being intrusive. I love the BG work on the second version.

Ravi: Looks a lot like the Texas Bluebonnet which automatically puts this high on my like scale. Love the BG especially and the placement and orientation of the flower in the frame. Most excellent. >=))>

1 Like