Magic Mountain+Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

If you were there, what would you do differently?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Mt. Schuksan, a glaciated massif in the North Cascades National Park. Shuksan rises in Whatcom County, Washington. It is reflected, in all its glory with late afternoon light, in a small tarn alongside Kulshan Ridge, on the trail to Huntoon Point.

Technical Details

Canon EOS 5D II; Canon EF 16-35mm @ 26mm; f/15 @ 1/15 sec, ISO 100; Gitzo tripod, RRS BH 55; Canon RS 80-N03 remote switch

Specific Feedback

Whatever you wish.

Bob,
Lovely light and reflection and the pano format works beautifully. My only suggestion; just my personal preference; would be to add a little canvas at the bottom as it seems a little tight. Nicely done.

I really don’t know what I would have done differently because I really like this as is. The light is great as are the colours and I think that the pano format really suits the scene. The only thing I would consider if I had shot this would be to lighten the shadows a little bit but that’s just my personal preference.

Thank you @Ed_Lowe and @Tom_Nevesely for your comments and suggestions. I reworked the image to add a bit of canvas on the bottom and slightly open the shadows. The rework is posted.

1 Like